Sunday, May 6, 2012

Going Green. Green Thumb that is.

        Heidi planting her evergreen she got on earth day.

           Heidi's worm pot she lovingly calls "George."

 My herb garden has Lavender, Rosemary, Chives, Thyme, Basil, and Parsley.
             My Oak tree taking it's sweet time to grow.
Strawberry plant from MOPS group has a few strawberries growing on it already. YUM!

The start of this year's "green thumb" test.  Brian and I just planted a nice herb garden for our front patio. I'm hoping it does well and we get lots of herbs to dry or freeze for over the winter. Heidi is loving the gardening stuff since I just started to introduce her to it a few days ago. We went to the store to get some seeds and Heidi spotted a cute worm flower pot and the look in her eyes told me I must get this and she can take care of her own flower garden. She already has the watering can so why not? Then she got to pick out her own flowers to put in the pot. She LOVES my pansy's at home and she saw some pansy seed packets, so that's what she went for. I think they will look very nice in that worm pot. ;)  I also got some cat nip seeds. LOL! Now the cat's will have thier own garden to munch on! Spoiled much in this house? Naaawwww. I hope this summer will be just as fun as it's starting out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment