Friday, August 10, 2012

Rhubarb choppn'.

 There is always a cat in the picture. But Victoria was chasing a grasshopper by the Rhubarb.
 Just a few ingredients and there is yummy goodness later.

Kindof a messy picture b/c I wanted to take a picture before but forgot from all the yummyness.

My Rhubarb plant has gone crazy this year! I have so much of it and at first I didn't know what to do with it. So I started a new hobby of canning. YUM! I decided to start making all kinds of flavors of Jellies and Jams, since we go through so much of it anyway. I'm really getting tired of trying to keep up with buying the stuff in our house. Heidi loves her peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and having it on just toast for a bedtime snack. I was so excited to see Heidi begging to taste the Jam I just made. She helped a little bit and she couldn't wait to taste some. When we finally got our canning done, and we had a taste test and the result was a A+++. I LOVE it! I had made a Blueberry Rhubarb Jam that it absolutly wonderful on French Toast! I think that's the way I will only french toast now; with homemade jam. I asked Brian if he liked it and he said it's SO SO good. A friend we had over for brunch also said it's amazing. So I think I will be chopping my Rhubarb plant up some more this summer to do some more canning. :) 

1 comment: