

This summer I am once again hoping to have a nice garden. Last year I didn't have the time to take care of one. We were just to busy. So this year I am looking forward to do some canning from some veggies that I hope will grow to a good harvest. This weekend is suppose to be very nice with almost 80 degree temps and I think I will get my garden tilled and ready. No excuses to stay inside! I found a few ads online in our local area for 'free wood'. Like old fences knocked down and they are giving away the old fence pieces. I may have to go look at them and see if the pieces are in good enough shape to make a few raised garden beds. Now that would be a great re-purpose project. If you look at the home improvement stores, their garden beds are nearly $100. Silly to buy them when people are giving away old wood and you can make them yourself.
Heidi helped me plant a few seeds in our little greenhouse today. I think it's going to be a fun and colorful garden. Heidi will have her own garden bed, that will have her own tomato plant, flower plant, and some strawberries. One other plant she will love later, are the Snake Gourds! Yes, Gourds that grow to look like snake's! Then when picked and dried completly, the seeds inside will rattle! How awesome. I have to get some paints sometime, so she can paint her own snake, and I will have to get some funky eyes to put on. I really hope those will turn out. What a fun halloween idea also. I also planted some decorative corn. This corn looks like rainbow colors and you can use this corn for decoration or for bird feed. So, great idea for heidi or to sell in packets for kids; 'duck food' in little baggies. It's really colorful and fun for kids. It would also be fun for craft projects later.
Keeping my fingers crossed that we can have a decent garden and I can give a try at canning some homemade spagetti sauce's, veggies, and strawberries jam. Going to be a busy summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment